Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks to all of you who have read and commented and given this blog shoutouts, it means so much to me that you guys enjoy what I've come up with so far. I won't really be writing a game recap of last night, there are plenty of blogs where you can find excellent ones, but I will say that- kinda like Danny Cleary here:



the Wings just looked tired. I think the fans were tired too. After all the Luuuu chants, they just gave up on the team and walked out...



I'm sure you all can guess how disappointing it is to realize you are suddenly surrounded by more Vancouver fans than Detroit ones. I know some people probably had to go to work early, and the guy a few rows in front of us was there with his young daughter who was probably up WAY past her bedtime, but for everyone else? If the team can't leave, neither can you. As long as our boys are still out there, my butt is staying in my seat. (Steps down off of soapbox.)

Ok, now for the game pics. In thanks to those of you who have commented, I tried to include some of your favorites :)

It's a bit out of order, but who doesn't love a picture of Stevie? Even if he isn't suited up and it's from a long distance and it's for something you'd rather not remember. Here's all (ok, most since I cut off a guy or two to make sure you can see Stevie's face) of the Olympians who medaled.



In honor of his glorious return, here's Lilja. If anyone has read the most recent edition of the program, they know the author thinks he's rugged- and it still makes me laugh. Hopefully this captures it well enough until I can get my Lils collage fully showing off his ruggedness :)



J-Willy always practices one-timers at the end of warm-ups and it looks like it paid off last night.


Drew Miller makes some seriously awesome faces during warm-ups. I'll get you more proof later, but this should do for now



Not really sure why I like this one so much, there are just too many awesome people in it not to share!



Whilst rushing Ozzie, I think everyone caught sight of something shiny up in the stands...



And now, especially for Dena and Krononymous, we have a rather intense-looking Swede



Finally, for Natalie, Scrappy Octopus (as you should all call her now), we have Homer doing what he does best :)


11 comments:

  1. Yay for Homer in Lu's Kitchen! Great photo name. Appreciate the mention very much!

    I also HEART the Lidstrom/Datsyuk/Homer warmup photo. Great stuff as always, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! Warm up awesomeness photo might have to become my desktop for a while. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that's lovely. I only wish he could have maintained that intensity. Tomorrow is another day and I can only hope that after iced vodka and gypsy fiddle, I can come home to some classic Red Wings hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie- glad you liked it. That picture of Homer was a total accident, but as soon as I saw it I knew you would love it!

    Vicky- it really is full of awesomeness, isn't it? So many of my favs in one picture... what's not to love?

    Krononymous- I'm hoping for the same thing. You could just tell bad things were on the way when he lost his footing... still, the man knows how to pose for a picture. You can definitely count on more like that in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coolest thing to me about that warmup picture is that it almost looks like a multiple exposure of the same player during one move, until you notice that they are all different. Very cool effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "something shiny in the stands" picture is pretty funny. What are they all looking at? It looks like the fans are looking up there too. Something must have been going on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent pics!! Thanks for including Lils & JWillz...2 of my faves. Actually, I pretty much adore everyone on the team with the exception of 44. *hates*

    I was at the game & we stayed until the bitter end. I agree with you : if the team can't leave, neither can we. No matter how bad it sucks.

    I look forward to seeing more pics from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen sister!! If you only attend games because you team wins all the f'n time then you need to stay the f home. You are taking up seats that a true fan would DIE for, especially in the lower bowl. JFC do fair weather fans drive me nuts. Just ask so true blue Michigan fans how they feel about that the past few years, even though it makes us Spartans giggle uncontrolably!

    Beautiful picture of Kronner, I appreciate it, deeply. He just makes my dirty old cougar heart purr. Along with other parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baroque- I wish I could say I tried to make the warm-up picture seem like a multiple exposure, but it was a total accident. I wanted a good picture of Nick and wound up with what you see.

    WingedUp- They really do look fascinated, don't they? I wish I had glanced behind me to see what was going on up above.

    raputathebuta- Glad you like the pictures and I'm even more pleased that you sat through the game :) I keep forgetting that J-Willy is awesome when he's on, you can expect to see more of him if he keeps scoring.

    Dena- I could not agree more about "fans" taking up seats true fans would love. It killed me to see them abandoning their third row seats while my cousin and I sat halfway up the upper bowl, waiting for Franzen to give us one more. I tried very hard to find the perfect Kronner picture for you guys. I'm probably going to have to make another collage for him to get more out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First rule of any art form - if it works, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES admit that it was an accident. :D

    It doesn't make it any less cool that you didn't intend to take that exact picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baroque- You're right, too many years of being in choirs (where you HAVE to confess) has led to me forgetting that rule. Accidents in choir generally equal FAIL. Accidents in visual art occasionally equal genius. Or at least cool pictures, which was my goal in the first place...
    I mean... I meant to get a good shot of all those other guys when my attention was focused totally on Nick. :)

    ReplyDelete