Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pregame Fun and Small Homer Tribute

I couldn't make it to the last Preds game, but my fabulous cousin @nursenitz did, and very kindly offered to be my special guest photographer. Since we're both really busy, it took a while to get those pics into a post. All these pregame pics (and titles) are from her, I just made three into motivators and wrote out the text. Thanks Manda!

This first one is unfortunately blurry, but she assures me it was hilarious. Drapes lost an edge right in the middle of warming up, right in front of everyone.



He thought it was just as funny as everyone else.




Williams has been playing like he really wants to stay in the Winged Wheel next year, and here at the Neuie Perspective, we appreciate that. Play well and I'll try hard to honor that. Keep it up, J-Willy.



In the hopes that Olympic Raffy shows up again, here's some more of our 2nd best d-man.



And now for the Homer tribute, we'll start with a classic Homer face.



Next, Homer is doing what he does best...




In this one, NurseNitz and I both think Homer is thinking about the pitepalt he has waiting for him at home.



And to cap off the Homer tribute, no one can capture a crazy Homer face quite like my cousin. This is one of the best I've ever seen from him!



And now to the motivators- starting with more Homer:



Next, Datsyuk and Nick have a lot of pucks to work with.



Finally, since a goal from Nick earns a lot of money for the kids, he decided to practice his shot.



More later after the game :)

9 comments:

  1. NEED MORE GOALS!

    Oh, and wins. H2H earns a lot more money when they win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just sent Scrappy Octopus Natalie into ecstasy! Great stuff as always.

    Please, let's make the kids some money tonight, PLEASE!

    (In whiny font) Please win tonight, pleaaasssee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is kind of like when I was a kid and at the library I'd pick my books out based on the accompanying pictures. Your photos make reading all the other word infused blogs that much more entertaining.

    Endless thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesome post, Sara! Glad my pics could be entertaining for all. I'm still sad that the Drapes pic was out of focus, but honestly, I was laughing so hard at him losing an edge (he'd skated really hard from the net out to the blue line and just literally fell flat on his ass & just slid down the ice in front of Nick, Hank & Lils) that I don't think I really had it in focus when I took it.

    J-Willy and Raf have been most cooperative with my camera as of late. I'm joining the Neuie Bandwagon here and saying that I've been impressed with him as of late. He's shooting the puck a lot more, and getting rewarded. I wish some of our other secondary scorers would step it up like he has. Sadly, he's being moved down to the 3rd line with Bert tonight (not a demotion, but more like, getting SOMETHING to spark Hank, I guess), but maybe he can do something with some of the crazy passes that Bert seems to send to nowhere...

    And of course the Homer pics. I'm glad I've been able to capture some great moments & if I truly DID send the Scrappy Octopus into ecstasy, well, that's probably the best compliment one can receive. I usually think of Natalie whenever I get an awesome Homer face.

    And finally, as always your motivators are top notch. Homer and Weber had been at it all night, and I think this one was not too much time before they got their coincidental minors. I'd like to think that Homer was trash-talking him for hurting Lils because Lils wasn't going to do it. Maybe he was using his Swenglish to confuse Weber and he didn't like it. Either way, I wasn't exactly torn apart when I saw that Weber left with an upper body injury.

    This is an awesome "book cover" Sara! Keep up the fantastic work! And score more goals & win, boys! Tonight's game is a preview of H2H vs. the Wild! Let's get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petrella- You're totally right, if I'm gonna empty out my bank account, they need to make it worth it and really make some money for the kids!

    Dena- Haha, I thought about sending Natalie a warning e-mail when I decided to honor Homer this morning :)

    Vicky- Thanks! I'm glad my little blog livens up your reading, haha

    Manda- Thanks again for all the pictures, you rock. And you're more than welcome to hop on the Neuie Bandwagon anytime- I love company!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dena is sooo, soo, sooooo right. Nice Homer montage! You guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Lidstrom one. I will pay for assists, too - a point is a $5 point - but the goals make me happier.

    I would like to think that the team would get as much of a kick out of our goofball charity pledges as we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie- Thanks! There will be more Homer tributes in the future so beware...

    Baroque- If the guys laugh at goofy signs/outfits during warmups, there's no way they wouldn't love what we're doing now. Ok, Lebda might not like earning money for the kids by being scratched, but I'm totally with you in believing they'd think it's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good point. It has to beat being yelled at because someone didn't do well enough to help out their fantasy team last week ...

    "Why did you pass on that empty netter? I pledged $10 for the children if you got another goal that game!" :)

    ReplyDelete