Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Finally, a post!

What does a girl do when she has a ton of pictures and no practical purpose for them? She starts of picture blog! Natalie (I'll figure out links later, sorry) will still get my welcome back pics, but what to do with the rest of them? This is totally not the direction I meant to take this blog, I planned on finding something to write about- current events or politics- and give my perspective, then I discovered my best perspective comes from behind a camera lens. Hopefully you'll enjoy them as much as I do.

If anyone else out there has the Red Wings calendar (not the one the team gave out at the Joe), they can understand my problem I encountered yesterday- Hudler is Mr. March.







I don't hate Huds, far from it, but I just can't share my birthday month with a guy who deserted us for the KHL, not gonna work. Unable to pick just one person to replace him, I chose to do this instead:



I think I made the right choice :)

12 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging!

    I had the same problem with my Red Wings calendar and I just ripped Happy out and Kroner is now Mr. March. Two months in a row, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dena :)
    Two months of Kronwall is definitely a good idea, I can't believe I didn't even think to do that! I've got the other calendar too and plan on plastering Miller's face on the December spot currently occupied by Leino

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still miss Hudler so much.

    Love your calendar collage, especially that picture of Miller.

    P.S. "A Neuie Perspective" just might be the best blog title ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, market that shit. I'd buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I JUST noticed the picture of Franzie. The mulestache looks so luxurious.

    Putting Eaves and Ericsson together is a bad idea, their prettiness clashes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie and Andy- thanks for the shoutouts on your blogs (and anyone from TPL who sees this too) And that Miller picture is one of my favorites, I think it's the one that will replace Ville in December

    Vicky- how much would I LOVE to officially make stuff like that for the Wings? If that could be my career, I would die happy

    Dena- I think you're right about Eaves and Ericsson... I thought the tiny bit of Fil you can kinda see would work as a buffer, but I guess not. Next time I'll try to space out the prettiness a bit more to avoid it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like picture blogs! I don't think I'd be able to block out Happy though. He's like our Arthur, our once and future king destined to return to us at a reasonable cap hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great picture of Miller. He kind of reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaal when you can't see the gray hair. And you included Abdelkader, my favorite Wing when he's actually with the big club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krononymous- That's hilarious about Huds! And don't worry, I put the collage on with "removable" tape, so it should be able to come off (and then go up on my wall) upon his return.

    WingedUp- Thanks! And Abdelkader is one of my favorites too- I once got the strangest look from a gaggle of girls ignoring the game for screaming "throw that big butt around" when I thought Abs neeeded to make a hit. I got the same look from my little brother when I told him "you know I loves me some Justin Abdelkader"

    ReplyDelete
  10. There aren't enough picture blogs, anyway. :)

    And I also miss Hudler. When he left for the KHL I told someone that it felt like my baby brother had run away from home to join the circus and I wasn't sure when I'd see him again. He's such a spunky little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baroque- I totally agree on both points. Whenever I join the "Let's go Red Wings" chant, I always think of Hudler at the victory rally in 2008.

    ReplyDelete