Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Story of Bebismulor

Before the game against the Wild last Friday, something important I've referenced/already explained here happened. And that something was Johan Franzen coming face to face (sign?) with the baby mules sign held by Dena. Here, with pictures of course, is the whole story.

Back when Franzen was about to make his comeback, I asked Andy for a few phrases in Swedish to put on signs for him. Andy, being awesome, gave me things like "vote Johan Franzen President of Space" and lots of other great ones. My favorite? Yep, "Johan, I wanna make small baby mules with you." I made the sign, but didn't have the guts to hold it to the glass during warm-ups, although I did wave it like a maniac after Franzie scored for the first time at the Joe and screamed "BEBISMULOR" because that's what you do... Then came Dena and H2H. I brought it with me, wondering if she wanted to hold it to the glass herself. And she did. What follows is probably the best way to show it, pictures taken and titled by NurseNitz with a few of mine thrown in to round it out.

First we have the sign being displayed by Dena...



Franzen saw this and started laughing.



It didn't stop there, the other Swedes saw it too. Pretty sure Kronner and Lils read the sign next. Here it looks like they're talking about it...



For a closer version, here's my pic of pretty much the same thing... it looks like Kronner is asking Lils if he saw the sign.



Next we have more of them (from Amanda) discussing the sign, perhaps in disbelief.



Back to another of mine, you can kinda see the boys react to it. It was hard to capture, I was busy laughing...




Amanda had more luck capturing the moment...



Meanwhile, on the other side of the rink I caught Fil as he sees the sign and thinks about how cute baby mules would be... ok, not really but we can pretend for today...



I can't quite tell what Franzie is thinking here, but I had to throw this in...



From the non-Swedish part of the team, Tuzzi tries to read the sign and fails. He probably follows it up by blowing a bubble with his gum...



Mule is still laughing...



And one last picture from Amanda, quite possibly the best taken by anyone that night- Kronwall lovers beware (and click on the picture, you need to see it on a larger scale...)



Finally, two quick, baby mule-inspired motivators to get you ready for the game.




11 comments:

  1. I've been trying to tell my mom my bar-recollection-tinged version of this story all week, but without the pictures it's just not as good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, the look on Kronner's face is priceless but I really love Lils in that photo. I love our Swedes. They are a smorgasbord of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. That picture makes a fantastic wallpaper. Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I should probably tell everyone that as all this was transpiring, I became like a 13 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert. Kronner was SO CLOSE to me that I couldn't breathe. If the glass wasn't there, he would have been touching me and I didn't notice this because I was f'ing with my camera. When I did notice, I jumped and then flapped my hands in the air like I was fanning myself. I know, smooth right? But the important thing is in that game and the following 2: Franzie had 3 goals and 2 assists, Lils had a goal, and Kronner won the SO (?!) and had a goal. So I would do something goofy again and again and again to get those results. I will do anything for my team. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing story. I am heading to the game next Friday in Columbus and I hope to get that close to Hot Kronner (and to get such a fantastic picture).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexey- Thanks! I think Bebismulor is my new favorite word

    Kron- I know, Lils makes some amazing faces in this series. I know he doesn't have the best past, but I love the guy... And you're totally right about our Swedes, I could never see too many pics of them... Oh, and Amanda is very pleased that her picture makes a good wallpaper :)

    Dena- That interaction with Kronner is by far my favorite of the season. You couldn't even look at him at realizing he was right there... priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Now I feel like I almost was part of this thing.

    @Krononymous:
    You want sign ideas?
    "Niklas, du kan Kronwalla meg när du vill"
    Niklas, you can Kronwall me whenever you want.

    "Större, bättre, grymmare: Kronwall"
    Bigger, better, meaner: Kronwall

    and one that only works in English:
    Wanna Kronwall?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, those are great Andy! I might have to use them next year, although Amanda and I have one more game to go to so we might use one on Wednesday instead... And, since without you this couldn't have happened, I think you definitely qualify as part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lola! How did I miss your comment before? That's awesome that you tried to share the story, I'm glad that my blog could help spread the amazing tale of bebismulor to the world :)

    ReplyDelete