Monday, April 12, 2010

Important Update

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, I promise to have more pictures up again soon. In the meantime, I have a very important question. Anyone want to meet up in Dearborn (or somewhere close-ish) to watch the game on Sunday? Or, if you're going to the game (Dena and anyone else I don't know about) want to meet up after the game and hang out for a while? I'm thinking Bailey's on Michigan Ave would be good, but the Cheli's in the little d (unlike the one in the big D) actually keeps its kitchen/doors open until a reasonable hour too. There are a bunch of choices on Michigan Ave, so I can find someplace else if people aren't too keen on the first two choices...
Please comment or e-mail me at aneuieperspective@gmail.com if you plan on going so I know if this is actually going to work :)

10 comments:

  1. Ohhell, I totally want to say yes, but alas I live 2,091 miles away. Frick-on-a-hockey-stick!

    Hope you find awesome buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky- I suppose that is a bit of a drive for one game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be driving down to see the game, and am totally open to getting together for lunch before or something after before I drive home - I missed people at H2H and would love to rectify that a little bit.

    Also, if someone could tell me when to plan to be at the arena before the game? Both times I've been there before it was with a group, and I just kind of went along with them. This is the first time I'll be heading down on my own schedule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baroque- I don't know if I'm doing anything before the game, but I'll definitely be hanging around for a while, living in the area and all...
    The doors to the Joe open an hour before the game starts, I always try to get there before that so I can get a good spot to watch warm-ups but if that isn't a concern, you really don't have to worry too much. Never been to a playoff game before, so I don't know how the crowd reacts at them. Warm-ups start about half an hour (I think) before the puck drops. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I could hang out with you guys. :( times a bajillion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie- I wish you could too... maybe someday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warmups will start right around 2:30pm. Baroque, I would plan on getting to the Joe around 2:10 because there will be a huge line to get into the parking lot. I will be there for warm ups. I'll be in Section 106, milling about, taking pictures. We could hook up by one of the boys columns before...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That helps a lot, Dena - I never know how early to show up for things, so knowing what the traffic is and such is a help.

    It would be GREAT to hook up before the warmups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this looking like a go for Sunday? I'm going to check in with a few friends that might be up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think so. I've got nursenitz showing up when she gets back in the state and I'm going to try to get some friends to join in the fun too :)

    ReplyDelete