Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Last Regular Season Home Game Motivation

We need some proper inspiration after the last few games. Before we get to that, however, I have a bit of business to take care of. Stuie hits the puck at me, Amanda, and the friendly camera guy we talk to during warm-ups. Hard. It could be the "more shoot" shirt I wear, it could be that he found an open spot and practices there... or it could be that he's mad at us for whatever reason. He has shown up here, but not often enough, it would seem. This picture is for you Stuie, sorry it's not better. Be as awesome as we know you can be, and you'll show up in my post-game pics, simple as that. For my part, I promise to try to get some pics to reflect that awesomeness during warm-ups today.



Ok, now to the motivation... You all know I love the Perfect Human, especially when he isn't looking perfect.



In honor of Homer's nod from the Wings, here's one (taken by Amanda) of him. If anyone missed it, apparently Homer can't go a day without candy. I think he's thinking about it right now...



Now on to something that surprised us all- Meech is a decent fourth line forward. Seriously, he is. I realize Danny Cleary is the better player of the two and want to see him on the ice, but I had to give Meech some recognition.



As most people will tell you, without Lilja to keep him in line, Big Rig is not always the best player. As TPL Mom will tell you, Big Rig is always a very pretty player. Part one of two motivators from two of our D-men...



Part two of two- no further explanation required...



Finally, one more of Homer.


4 comments:

  1. Do you think maybe he's offended that we called him a Hockey Pirate? I love hockey, and pirates, so honestly, Stuie, it was a compliment! Sara can tell you that I'm really paranoid that Brad Stuart doesn't like me. I realize it's irrational and totally stupid, but at the same time, Camera-guy Chris has me worried that he's not "feeling the love." Stuie, we like, you, we really do!

    I LOVE the ones of Homer. I LOVE that the Wings nominated him for the Masterton, even though I thought "for sure" it was going to Lilja this year. I guess the power of candy really does motivate our dear Homer to keep playing. I love that Babbles yells at him to get back to his office when he strays away from it.

    And you know how I feel about Nick Lidstrom, and all the adjusting of his equipment. Seriously, Nick, if you need help, I'm only up in the stands & can help you out! Honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to tell Stewie that I think his voice is very soothing and he can read me a bedtime story anytime he wants. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contradiction of the hardest hitting guys on the team in Kronwall and Stewart being the softest spoken and quietest. You can even add Pavel into that, too.

    So backwards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda- I think he felt the love last game, he only shot at us once! Nick seems to do ok with his equipment, but if I ever get the chance, I'll let him know you're willing to help out :)

    Dena- I think he appreciates it, maybe that's another reason he decided not to deafen us during warm-ups- he felt the love all the way from Kzoo. And if he's reading bedtime stories, sign me up!

    Baroque- Agreed. I've heard they're like that out in the real world too, adorable.

    ReplyDelete