Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dear Mr. Brunner

Dear Mr. Brunner,
 It's Neuie again. Do you mind if I call you Damien? I trust you found the terms of our arrangement agreeable and I see you've upheld your side of the bargain. I would provide proof that I have too, but the röschti I made this morning has already been consumed. I still have one more piece of Toblerone, however, if you're interested. Since you've upheld your side of the deal so well, I may soon have to start downloading recipes, I'm running out of food I know how to make and don't want to resort to baking breads just yet.
 Although it seems I am clearly jumping on the Swiss pride bandwagon, you should know I've been there for years. In fact, I have an old pennant with flags of the various Swiss cantons hanging in my room as I type this out. That, I should add, is not your doing- it's been there since I "borrowed" it from my dad at a young age. In my dresser, there is a 90s-tastic Swatch that I would strongly consider wearing if I had a battery for it.  At the time my Tante Erika gave it to me, Swatch batteries did not exist in the US and there was no internet on which to order a replacement. I have an old Swiss music box in the shape of a chalet, complete with tiny rocks on the roof to hold the snow in place, sitting on my closet shelf. What I'm trying to say is, as proud as I am to be an American, I'm proud to be half Swiss too.
 I realize it's still very early in your Red Wing career, but stick around and keep playing the way you are, and you may jump the line, joining #7 and #28 as the next jersey to hang in my closet. Sorry Abby.

2 comments:

  1. I may have to bring my Swiss cowbell to the Joe the next time I go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there to all, the contents present at this site are in
    fact remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work
    fellows.

    Also visit my homepage - windows registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete