Monday, August 2, 2010

Shark Week

I am, in fact, alive. My blog is still active too, for that matter. I am also, however, busier than I've been in years and thus haven't been able to start my summer series I had planned on doing. Instead, since it's shark week, I've decided to go through my pictures and do a tribute to Sharks getting owned by some of our favorites in Red and White.

Here we have a lonely Shark trapped and scared. I'd feel sorry for the fellow, but hey, he's a Shark and he was playing the Wings, so...not so much.



Watch as Danny Cleary stretches to touch his toes, completely unafraid of the Shark lurking on the ice behind him. He knows this beast poses no threat to him that night...



Next we have another Shark with his back turned, clearly aware that his stupid face (and really, who here doesn't think Pavelski has a stupid-looking face?) is no match for Hank and Nick.



It would seem that these Sharks are so fearful of the Winged Wheel that they just give up and fall to the ice, even in the presence of former press box seat warmer Brett Lebda...



Why, you and an amused Pav might ask, are these Sharks so fearful?



It seems the kings of the ocean are no match for the King of the Ice


4 comments:

  1. this is the best shark week post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pavelski does have a stupid face. He looks like Jabber Jaws with those nostrils. Ugh. Good stuff as always my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy- thanks :)

    Dena- haha, it's too bad I don't have a picture of his face to prove your point. Then again, I don't really want to look at his stupid face unless I have to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a Shark Week that I totally wouldn't miss! (And yes, I remember how much you love actual sharkies).

    I'm laughing hysterically at the cornered Shark... and Pavelski's STUPID FACE. Also, how hilarious is it that San Jose's goalie is playing creeper to Creepy Cleary? Awesome work, as always!

    ReplyDelete