Friday, October 8, 2010

Alternative expectations

So, I'm sure that since the season starts tonight, lots of people out there are giving you predictions for how the season will go, how players will perform and what they expect or want to see from them on the ice. I'm taking you in a different direction. Yes, if I had to just pick one d-man for my team, it would be Nick. But what if you had to pick on Red Wing to paint a mural with, or one who makes a really great ham and swiss sandwich? Here's what I've got so far:

Which Red Wing would I pick to...

go with me if I had to walk down a dark, scary alley? Gotta be Brad Stuart.

go to a frat party and introduce me to all the bros? Abdelkader

go to a circus? Meech. Not sure why, but I think we'd have fun

help me move into a new house/coordinate everything? Draper. I hear he likes to make lists...

train me in the fine art of pick-pocketing? Of course, Pavel Datsyuk

help me pick out an old man sweater? Zetterberg

teach people how to tie their shoes? Miller (he's got enough kids to know how to do this)

help me pick out a new hairstyle? Filppula (he'd also pick out some killer new heels too)

go to a comedy festival? Ozzie

go to a baseball game? Jimmy

work on a farm? Franzen. He'd also be good for commiserating over sunburns after a long day in the field

go on a long train ride? Kronwall. No idea why, just go with me here.

go to the DIA? Kenny Holland

go to a support group meeting? Tuzzi. "Hi, my name is Todd..."

go to a zoo? Hudler. He'd have fun with the animals.

help me find a way out of a corn maze? Modano. He's tall... that's all I've got...

chase geese around a field? Helm

run/work a charity car wash? Eaves. I can see this guy starting a soap fight.

eat gross looking food with me? Salei

go apple picking? Ericsson. He could reach the tall branches.

play laser tag? Kindl

play sharks and minnows/pompom? Abby again

give me life advice? Nick

build a killer snow fort and kick some major butt in a snowball fight? Holmstrom

throw a bbq? Babcock

set up a haunted house? Cleary

watch stupid tv shows I would never admit to having seen? Ilari Filppula

shop for seasoned cheese with me? Rafalski


This isn't my most creative set, but it's something...




2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the mental image of Big Rig as Apple-picking giraffe.

    And Helmer chasing geese through a field, because, well... it just fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where this came from, but after seeing that commercial with the tiny giraffe too many times, I know am picturing a tiny Big Rig in the possession of that Russian dude.

    ReplyDelete